Thursday, July 07, 2011

Banding again

Well today is the day. Banding round 2.  I have an appointment at noon at the hospital so should be out in a few hours and home again.  Then I should be good for at least 6 weeks until I have to go back and get his results and whether or not we need to do it again.

I just got back from 3 weeks in the Okanagan and I had a wonderful time.  I stayed with friends that I have known since our oldest boys were babies together.  We have been through all of the kids and grandkids and ups and downs of each others lives ever since.  Actually they are now family really.  My middle son came up and spent a few days too and their kids and grandkids were out and we had a really nice time.

We went camping for a weekend in the motorhome up to Seymour Arm in the Shuswap.  It was a cloudy weekend so not many people about.  We loved it and the dogs had a great time.  They have a little dog like my Lacey so they had each other to spend time with and go for walks with each day we were gone.  They live on 5 wooded acres with trails so the dogs and I walked each day.

When I first got up there Sacha (their dog) was not wanting to leave her pillow and go for walks with us.  So I made her come and packed her part of the way then put her down and she headed straight for home without giving me a backwards glance. So the next day I carried her to the farthest point of our walk and then put her down and again she headed straight for home but this time she at least looked back at me as she disappeared down the trail.  By the end she was ready for the walks.  She'd get up and stretch and then head for the door with Lacey.  I still had to carry her to the farthest point but when I put her down she would stay with us and walk back with us.  Victory!!  Sweet little thing she is.


No comments: