Thursday, September 27, 2007

Blood tests and sequencing

I got a call a month ago from the drug trial nurse asking me to come back in so they could do another blood test for sequencing. I went this morning and gave my blood and was out of there in 20 minutes. The nurse didn't think I have to go back but she'll call if they need to see me again. I asked her about relapsing after being clear of the virus for over a year (someone on the board has just relapsed after being clear for 18 months I think) and she said the literature says that there is a 5% chance of relapse for up to 3 years after attaining SVR. That pretty much sucks!

Well now, Kim has "tagged" me. I tell you all 8 things about me and then I "tag" 8 more bloggers, they do the same thing. So here goes!

1.) My FORTY!!!! year high school reunion is next year. I just keep thinking OMG!! 40 years!!

2.) I am planning an Alaskan cruise for next September with my mom, my 2 friends and one of their moms. It should be so much fun.

3.) I think I am quickly becoming a vegetarian. I've found that the only meat I've been eating much of lately is chicken and today on my way into the hospital I ended up traveling down the freeway beside a truck full of chickens going to be slaughtered and they just looked so poorly treated and jammed into little cages................it sure turns me off eating them.

4) My favorite soaps are General Hospital and One Life to Live. I tape them both and watch them in the evening or on the weekends.

5.) I love the rain. That's probably a good thing seeing as how I live in a rain forest!

6.) I have 2 brothers and a sister and I am the oldest. 4 nieces and 1 nephew.

7.) My favorite tree is the Japanese Maple and even though I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment I have 6 different Japanese Maples.

8.) My friends think I'm morbid and strange because I follow so many of the Caringbridge pages. It was one of those things where I accidentally stumbled across a little girls page and started following it and one page and one child led to another and another and here I am 3 years later still following the many many children. September is Childhood Cancer month. Just go and search youtube and watch some of the video's. So many of the kids that I started following have died and more and more are diagnosed each day. We really need to channel as much as we can into the cancer fight.

Well Kim that's my 8 and I really don't have 8 people to tag. I am one of those lurker types that read the various blogs but don't make comments so I really don't know that many.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Apologies for leaving this as a post, but I couldn't fine your email address.

We've added your blog link to www.heplinks.blogspot.com and would kindly ask that you link
back.

Best regards,